Monday, December 7, 2015

#Blogmas Day 7: The 12 Masks of Christmas

Is there any greater treat than a mask? I just love them! A mask can turn a regular, lazy Sunday into a day of pampering, or a night with a friend and a bottle of wine into a spa evening! Whether or not they do anything miraculous to my skin (or it's sometimes just a placebo effect) I just love any excuse to treat myself. This is doubly important in the winter months when your skin and hair tend to dry right up. So, I thought, this is a perfect time to get festive and share a few of my favorite masks with all of you! Enjoy! And if you've tried an amazing mask that you don't see here, leave a note in the comments and I'll give it a try.



1  Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
I love love love this and find it super refreshing! The fact that it peels completely off in one go (like shiny black latex on your face) is weird and a bit tricky to get right, but I love how it makes my skin feel.

2  Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution Sheet Mask
Sheet masks are the easiest and fastest ways to pamper. And they're also great for travel because there's no ban on liquids to worry about! This hydrating mask from Dr. Jart+ was the first sheet mask I ever used, and I keep going back for more!

3  Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask
This mask will 100% make you look like the moon emoji, but it is non-greasy, super clearing, and ultra refreshing. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a mask at a drugstore price point.

4  Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Instant Facial
I've used this mask for years and years, and I am such a fan. It's a quick and easy beauty treatment to incorporate into your regime – the mask wears for 5 minutes and you rinse off with warm soapy water and massage the granules into your skin to exfoliate. I love to put it on in the shower, and let it do its work while I'm shaving my legs or washing my hair...it makes rinsing extra simple.

5  Sephora Pearl Eye Mask
I love this brightening sheet mask from Sephora. It's refreshing, really affordable, and I love to stock up a few at a time in case I'm having friends over, or traveling. I'm planning to bring a few home to put on with my mom and my sister over the holidays. Looking forward to it!

6  Glamglow Thirtstymud Hydrating Treatment
This hydration mask is definitely on the pricier side, and I confess I haven't purchased a full-size. But I received a sample and it was one of the most soothing masks I've ever tried, and it left my usually dry, patchy skin feeling dewey and amazing. I may go ahead and get this for myself for Christmas! Stay tuned!

7  Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
This little mask/cleanser combo is such an amazing drugstore product. It feels cooling and refreshing, and really helped me to minimize my pores and improve the condition of my skin after the first use! It's a great mask at a super high-value price point. Definitely check it out!

8  LUSH Cranberry Fresh Face Mask
This mask is so perfect for the holidays! It gives a deep cleanse, and a boost of hydration, and the rose clay leaves your face oh-so-amazingly-soft. As with all fresh masks from LUSH, remember to store it in the refrigerator and use it within a few weeks.

9  Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask
At first, I will admit, I didn't understand how this mask was any more hydrating than slathering your face in moisturizer or night cream before bed. But now I am addicted! I wake up to a completely dewey, glowing face that feels like I just applied the mask moments ago –

10  Tony Moly I'm Real - Tea Tree Face Mask Sheet
This soothing sheet mask smells incredible. I struggle with redness, and this mask feels so rejuvenating on the skin. And how cute is this packaging? Check out the entire line for even more adorableness.

11  Pureology Super Smooth Relaxing Hair Mask
While I love a face mask, I love a hair mask just as much! And this product literally saved my hair. Imagine my displeasure in finding out just now that it's been discontinued...I guess don't get too attached!

12  Dr. Brandt Oxygen Facial Flash Recovery Mask
This mask is by far the biggest price tag on the list, but oh my goodness, what a treat! It's absolutely worth the cost if you're a SERIOUS mask lover and skincare freak like me. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment