Friday, December 4, 2015

#Blogmas Day 4: Urban Decay | Gwen Stefani Eye Palette

In keeping with the #Blogmas theme of things I'm dying to buy this holiday season...This UD | Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette is everywhere on the internet and I'm hearing such amazing things about the formulation and wearability of the shades. I'm already a huge fan of UD shadows, and I have three of the four Naked palettes already in my arsenal (Naked 2, Naked 3 [my fave for spring and summer], and Naked Smoky) so I thought maybe I didn't need this palette? But the more I stare at it, the more I covet it...and I happen to have received a few Sephora gift cards for my 30th birthday so I'm betting I'll have this in-hand by the weekend.


Some thoughts on the palette so far, though: It seems to have a lot more neutrals than people were expecting from a Gwen Stefani palette, knowing she's such a fashion icon known for her bold style! But if you think about it, Gwen almost always does a beautiful, wearable nude or smoky eye look and pairs it with a bold lip or a crazy hair color. So, I would honestly recommend the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette for those of you who still want Urban Decay quality but are looking to go super COLORFUL.

I'm certainly adventurous with makeup, but the one thing that's kept me from getting the Vice palette myself is that I prefer a single palette that works together to create tons and tons of different eye looks, because I travel with my makeup bag constantly, and I usually put one palette in there and use only that for weeks and weeks. Vice palettes, in my opinion, have what I'd use as accent shades toned down with some neutrals.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I can't wait until I have this palette in-hand to swatch and play and experiment. How about you guys? Any holiday makeup releases you're dying for? Tell me more in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment