Friday, December 18, 2015

#Blogmas Day 18: Cocktail Hour - Boozy Egg Nog

You guys, it feels so amazing to be back at it again on this blog. And since I've been feeling so great, I thought it only fitting to bring back what is arguable my MOST POPULAR (and certainly most-pinned about) segment of all time: Friday Cocktail Hour!

And since I'm in a festive sort of mood, I thought I'd raise a glass of boozy egg nog to all of you! Now, a few thoughts on eggnog for the holiday season: I realize this drink is not for everyone. Some of you may find it mildly disgusting. But I must admit, as I've gotten older, eggnog has certainly grown on me. And the way I like it best (sorry bourbon-lovers) is with a nice, dark rum. I think the sweetness of the rum works beautifully with this sugary, frothy confection of a cocktail! And alcohol is key in preserving this drink since it does contain raw eggs. But still, it should really be consumed the same day you make it, or at the very least, the next day. As always, drink responsibly! Cheers to the weekend!

Directions:

Step 1: Separate the egg whites and yolks, and pop whites in the fridge for later.

Step 1: Start whisking your yolks up, and slowly add in the cup of sugar little by little until it's smooth and blended.

Step 3: Add in your milk, cream, and rum and whisk it all together.

Step 4: In a separate bold, whisk up your egg whites until they've stiffened up, and then fold them into your eggnog to give it that yummy frothy texture.

Step 5: Top each glass with a pinch of ground nutmeg. Serve and enjoy! Note: this recipe will be enough for 5-6 cups so feel free to double if you're making enough for a party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment