Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#Blogmas Day 1: Fall Favorites

Sidebar: Can you begin with a sidebar? Whatever, I'm 30, I do what I want... Ahem... Today is my birthday! I'm 30 years old, can you believe it? I can remember back in the heyday of writing this blog, I was turning 26 and announcing my big move to NYC (where I sort of fell into a black hole and barely ever blogged again...but that's irrelevant, right?) and now four years have gone by in what feels like the blink of an eye! I don't really have any anxiety about being in my thirties *yet* so I'm just kind of enjoying the day and celebrating the things and people and life I love. If I DO decide to have anxiety, I may drop those feelings here for all of you, because it's cheaper than therapy!

OKAY, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I'm attempting to do #Blogmas this December. No, no, another bad start! I'm DOING #Blogmas this December. I'm carving out some time to devote to doing what I love! And I thought I'd begin by saying Farewell-to-Fall-and-Welcome-to-Winter® by listing a few of my fall faves for all of you below! These are things I have been beyond obsessed with across the beauty/skincare realm, with a few candles thrown in because nothing says fall like a 3-wick candle from Bath & Body Works.

1  Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Palette
I need to preface by saying that this palette has literally vanished from Sephora's website since I bought it, and as far as I knew, it was a Holiday item...which I'm taking to mean that it's sold. out. everywhere. If so, I am not surprised because the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop highlighter from Becca was THE top-selling product of the summer, and this palette gives you that signature shade in the center along with two other beautiful shades on either side - a light, stunning highlight that mixes beautifully with Champagne Pop for pale skin, and a blush overlay that looks gorgeous on the apples of your cheeks or wherever your want some GLOW. I looooove this (like, I'm obsessed) and will probably cry when I hit pan on these, but a little goes such a long way that I hope it will last me quite a while. 

2  All Things LUSH Bath
I fell for LUSH very, very hard this fall. I had never really purchased any bath bombs before (or even used my bathtub really) but LUSH bath bombs, bubble bars, and bath melts have become my ultimate guilty pleasure and the best way to #treatyoself. If you have a tub, get yourself to LUSH and try these. They're all-natural cruelty-free products and they smell and feel amazing. (Note: LUSH sells tons of other beauty and body/shower products, but I haven't tried them yet so stay tuned for reviews on non-bathtub related items!)

3  Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
This mask from Boscia has been a super fun addition to my beauty routine this Fall. It's like shiny, black vinyl applied in a thick layer on your skin, and it tightens up and peels right off in one go, taking blackheads and imperfections with it (kind of like a pore strip for your entire face!) I am addicted.

4  Cargo Cosmetics Venice Enchantment Eyeshadow Palette
I got this Cargo palette from Birchbox specifically for Fall, and I have really enjoyed creating looks with it! Full disclosure, it isn't my absolute favorite eyeshadow formulation in the entire world, but most of the shades and pigmentation are gorgeous – especially the maroons and browns in the top row. Most of the shades have glitter, and some are more shimmery but there's no true matte shade in here. While I love matte eyeshadow, I also love my glitter so this wasn't a deal-breaker for me! It was perfect for Fall, and I wore it QUITE a bit.

5, 6, 7  3-Wick Candles from Bath & Body Works
Fall isn't Fall without a 3-wick candle burning in the background, and these three were some of my absolute favorites this season. Autumn was such a perfect, crisp almost apple-like scent (I went through 2 of these) and unfortunately it's not for sale anymore, because the holiday candles have moved in after Halloween. Pumpkin Pecan Waffles is a super-sweet, delicious confection of a candle to burn in the kitchen and I bought a few of these to gift to friends and family this season. And Party Dress, I will be going back for 2-3 more of these to stock up for Winter. It's girly, feminine, and not too overpowering. This is the one where guests will always ask "What is this amazing smell emanating from your bedroom?" Obsessed. Look out for sales where these are 2 for 24 (and 12 for each additional candle). You can get a great deal!

8  Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen
This liquid liner from Clinique is the bomb. I have tried (and failed) to master liquid and gel liners for basically my entire adulthood, and this product helped me succeed! It's super easy to apply, does not budge all day, and creates the perfect super-black winged eyeliner I've been rocking this Summer and Fall. It's a must-have!

9  Clinique Just Browsing Brush-On Styling Mousse
I am in love with this brow mousse from Clinique, and it really adds some extra definition to my naturally sparse, blonde-ish brows, more so than a clear brow gel would. I still use other brow pencils to define the shape, but this is always my last touch to polish off a bold brow. Love!

10  L'Oreal Color Riche Le Matte Lip Pens
Saving the best for last, these lip pens were my absolute favorite discovery this Fall. I bought every shade, and each one is incredibly wearable. They are super easy to apply, and extremely long-wearing. And the matte finish is incredible for the price. I don't usually gravitate toward drugstore makeup because I work literally next door to a Sephora, but I'll keep buying these again and again as long as they sell them! If you try ONE thing from this favorites list, make it these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment